The ISMRM invites applications for stipends that encourage new entrants to research in areas of interest to the ISMRM. Each awardee will receive US$400 toward the costs of attending the ISMRM 25th Annual Meeting & Exhibition. 2017 ISMRM membership is required before application for a New Entrant stipend. If you are not a member, you will need to complete the membership application process on or before 09 November 2016 in order to apply for an educational stipend. If you are already a member, you will need to pay your 2017 membership dues on or before 09 November 2016.
Who Should Apply?
- Students, trainees, or researchers who are new to the field and might not be funded under the main educational stipend program;
- Persons who are already actively involved or about to be actively involved in some aspect of research related to the ISMRM.
- Applicants cannot have received an Educational Stipend, New Entrant, or E. K. Zavoisky stipend previously;
- Applicants cannot be first or presenting authors on abstracts submitted to the ISMRM program and do not need to submit an abstract to the meeting;
- Applicants cannot have previously attended an ISMRM annual meeting;
- Applicants are required to attend at least 4 days of the ISMRM meeting, including at least one day of the weekend educational courses.
Application Requirements (all documents listed below should be sent in electronic format):
- A letter from the applicant which should include a brief statement (one page) of their interest in attending the Scientific Meeting and explain how this will relate to their own work;
- A letter of support from the Department Chair stating that the student either will be given the time off to attend and be supported for the remaining cost of the meeting, or will use vacation time and personal funds as needed;
- A curriculum vitae of the applicant;
- Completed online New Entrant Stipend Application Form to be submitted with the application;
- Stipend awards are dispersed to ISMRM members only.
Membership Application/Dues Payment Deadline: 09 November 2016
New Entrant Stipend Application Deadline: 09 November 2016
For New Entrant Online Application, click here.
Clare Tempany-Afdhal, M.D.
Chair, ISMRM Subcommittee on Trainee Stipends
2300 Clayton Road, Suite 620
Concord, CA 94520
Fax: +1 510-841-2340