The Wave Arrives!
This will be my final blog as the wave is about to arrive in Honolulu for the 2017 Annual Meeting in just two weeks. I am excited about many of the new events and initiatives we will have at this year’s meeting, including:
- The new 6-day format starting on Saturday, 22 April, ending at the Closing Party, Thursday, 27 April.
- Noon event in Support of the March for Science on the Hawaii Convention Center rooftop at 12:00 on 22 April.
- The ISMRM Fun Run on Sunday, 23 April, is now sold out but come out to cheer on the runners and walkers, and also support the ISMRM R&E Fund. Details are in the column to the right.
- Opening Ceremonies, Lauterbur Lecture and Opening Party on Sunday, 23 April.
- Live web streaming of our named lectures, plenary lectures and Young Investigator Award Scientific Session.
- The second year of HTML-based scientific abstracts.
- A new and improved ISMRM 2017 app for both iPhone and Android.
- Availability of childcare at multiple of the ISMRM-sponsored hotels.
- Full integration of Slack into the scientific and educational oral presentations. Be sure to sign up for Slack so you can ask questions of speakers in real time, and join in the latest activities and buzz at the meeting. You can use Slack on your phone, tablet or computer … and it’s free!
- Exciting entertainment at the closing ceremony, featuring Hawaii’s best – Willie K.
My Aloha shirts are packed, and I am almost ready to go. I’m looking forward to seeing all of you in Honolulu 2017 in just a few days!