Welcome to the Indian Chapter of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. The creation of the Indian Chapter was formally approved by the Board of Trustees of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine on 28th July 2014. Our main activity is the dissemination of magnetic resonance knowledge in India, creation of skilled manpower and organisation of scientific meetings.The Indian Chapter of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) is an organisation of Indian Members of the ISMRM that carries out the functions of the ISMRM within India. The association represents the ISMRM in the Indian and acts upon goals of the ISMRM. More, specifically the goals of the society are as follows:
- Foster research and development in basic and clinical MR science and its application in healthcare through industry and institute interaction
- Promote communication, research and understanding of cutting-edge MR development for medical and biological application.
- Promoting education and study programs in the field of clinical and biological applications of magnetic resonance.
- Stay updated with clinical and scientific developments by attending conferences and scientific workshops
- Improving employment and working conditions for individuals willing to start their career in MR
- Interaction of MR professionals with young researchers allows the exchange of ideas on different aspects of MR.