|1-Year Fellowship Opportunities for 2 Applicants|
The Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (JMRI) is offering two (one M.D. and one Ph.D.) editorial fellowship opportunities. The fellowship is one (1) year in duration, starting in May 2019 and ending in May 2020. Although there is no stipend for this fellowship, registration, airfare and hotel for the annual meeting will be covered by JMRI. In addition, each fellow will spend four days working hand and glove with the editor-in-chief at his office. These expenses will be covered as well.
JMRI is committed to promoting excellence in research and practice of MRI in medicine, in line with the mission of ISMRM community. These fellowship positions are aimed to provide the future magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scientists and clinicians with the skills for scientific study design, data collection, data analysis, scientific writing and peer-review of other studies. The aim is to provide the fellows with the knowledge to conduct reliable and reproducible research studies that contribute to advances in patient care. We would like to be a conduit to editorial functions within the ISMRM or other societies. The selected fellows will work closely with Dr. Mark Schweitzer, the Editor-in-Chief, and the editorial board and gain insights into the editorial process in the following areas: handling new manuscripts or revised/resubmitted manuscripts, inviting reviewers for a first review, reviewing, statistical and methodological issues as well as making the first decision and final acceptance decisions. The fellows will participate in our editorial decision conference call once or twice a week, and during these calls present their assigned manuscripts with the rest of the editorial board. The fellows will attend two sessions at the annual meeting. One two-hour session with the entire board to discuss the past year and future initiatives and one two-hour session on publication ethics, how to review and paper writing concepts with the editor in chief and specific senior deputy editor.
|Requirements & Responsibilities|
The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Having successfully completed a Ph.D. or M.D. program at least one (1) year before and not more than six (6) years before applying. A waiver of this requirement will be granted to the candidates with special circumstances, especially those with an M.D. as their final degree, based on their track record of publication and recommendation.
- Be a current member of the ISMRM.
- Have published at least five (5) articles in the field of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, with at least one (1) as first author; along with a track record of commitment to MRI research.
- Have served as a reviewer for at least two (2) manuscripts at any peer-reviewed journals.
- Have completed conflict of interest disclosure and confidentiality statements: The applicants should follow the conflict of interest policy of JMRI. During JMRI fellowship, the fellows cannot apply for other editorial fellowships, accept appointments or serve on the editorial boards of any other journals.
To be considered for these positions, applicants must provide the following by 15 January 2019:
- An updated curriculum vitae.
- A cover letter, addressed to Mark Schweitzer, M.D., Editor-in-Chief, describing your objectives in applying for the fellowship, why you are suited for this position and what you believe you might gain from this experience and training.
- A completed conflict of interest form. (opens in a new tab/window)
- At least one letter of recommendation from a full member of the ISMRM.
Apply by completing the online form below and uploading a .zip file containing the above noted items (CV, cover letter, COI, recommendation).