CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR THE SECRET SESSIONS
Organizing a Secret Session is a great opportunity to get involved with your society and to shape the annual meeting. We’re looking for people to plan content, lead a session or work in the background to make them happen. If you have an idea for a session and/or would like to help run a session, now is your chance!
The Secret Sessions often take the form of a panel discussion with 2 – 3 organisers per session (but proposals using other formats are equally valid and very welcome!). Each session will last approximately one hour. As an example, the programmes for the 2019 and 2018 Secret Sessions are available here:
We would love to hear your new and original suggestions but if you are struggling for ideas, here are some suggestions for topics:
- Networking and CVs (e.g. BYO CV and get feedback)
- Mentor speed dating
- Balancing clinical and academic careers
- Work / life balance
- How to get involved with ISMRM (e.g. with ISMRM leadership panel)
- Inclusion and diversity
- Environmentally sustainable science (e.g. conference organisation and travel)
- Transition to independence in academic careers
Do not worry if you don’t have colleagues to work with on your proposal – we can find people for you or put you in touch with others who submitted a similar proposal. This is also an excellent opportunity for networking!
The call for proposals is NOW OPEN.
Please include the following sections in your proposal (maximum 2 pages, A4 or letter size):
- Short bio for each organiser
- Title for the proposed session
- Type or format of session (e.g. panel discussion, Q&A, talk)
- Target audience
- Main objective or goals
- Proposed schedule and speakers / panel members (note that, generally, the invited speakers or panel members for a session shouldn’t be the same people as the organisers).
Proposals should be sent as a PDF or Word .docx file to email@example.com.
Deadline: Friday, 06 March 2020
If you have any questions, please get in touch by email firstname.lastname@example.org or on our Slack channel #secret_sessions at ismrm20.slack.com